The Canon Pixma TR4500 series is a line of all-in-one printers that are designed for home and small office use. These printers offer wireless connectivity and automatic duplex printing, as well as individual ink cartridges for each color. With the TR4500 series, you can print, scan, copy, and fax documents, making it a versatile and convenient solution for your printing needs. The compact design of the TR4500 series makes it an ideal choice for those with limited space, and the use of individual ink cartridges allows for more efficient and cost-effective printing.
Many users appreciate the compact design of the TR4500, which allows for easy placement in small spaces. The wireless connectivity options make it easy to print from a variety of devices, including computers, smartphones, and tablets. The automatic duplex printing function is also a popular feature, as it saves time and reduces paper waste.
However, some users have reported that the print quality of the TR4500 is not as good as they expected, especially when it comes to color accuracy and vibrancy. Additionally, the individual ink cartridges can be more expensive to replace than traditional all-in-one cartridges, which can add to the overall cost of printing.
The price of the Canon Pixma TR4500 can vary depending on your location and retailer, but as of my knowledge, it typically retails for around $100 to $150 USD. Keep in mind that prices can fluctuate over time, and it's always a good idea to check with multiple retailers to find the best deal. Additionally, the cost of replacement ink cartridges should also be considered when evaluating the overall cost of ownership of the TR4500.
Canon Pixma TR4500 specifications
The Canon Pixma TR4500 is an all-in-one inkjet printer. Here are some key specifications for this model:
- Functions: Print, Copy, Scan, Fax
- Print technology: Inkjet
- Print resolution: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Print speed (black): Approx. 8.8 ipm (images per minute)
- Print speed (color): Approx. 4.4 ipm
- Duplex printing: Manual
- Scanner type: Flatbed, ADF (Automatic Document Feeder)
- Scan resolution: Up to 600 x 1200 dpi (optical)
- Fax resolution: Up to 200 x 200 dpi (mono), up to 200 x 200 dpi (color)
- Fax memory: Up to 50 pages
- Paper input capacity: Up to 100 sheets (front tray)
- Paper size: A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4"x6", 5"x7", 8"x10", Envelopes (DL, COM10), Square (5"x5", 4"x4"), Card Size (91 x 55 mm)
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, AirPrint, Mopria, Google Cloud Print
- Display: 2-line LCD screen
- Operating systems compatibility: Windows 7 or later, macOS 10.10.5 or later
Please note that these specifications are based on the information available at the time of my last knowledge update. It is always a good idea to check the manufacturer's website or product listing for the most up-to-date information before purchasing a product.
Canon Pixma TR4500 driver windows and Mac
To download the driver for the Canon Pixma TR4500 printer for Windows and macOS, follow these steps:
- Visit the official Canon support website.
- In the search bar, type "Canon Pixma TR4500" and press Enter.
- Click on the printer model in the search results.
- On the product page, navigate to the "Drivers & Downloads" section.
- Choose your operating system (Windows or macOS) from the dropdown menu.
- Download the driver package that corresponds to your operating system version. For Windows, the driver file usually has a ".exe" extension, while for macOS, it has a ".dmg" extension.
- Once the download is complete, locate the downloaded file on your computer and double-click on it.
- Follow the installation prompts to install the driver on your system.
Please note that the exact steps and driver package names may vary slightly based on updates to the Canon website or your specific operating system. Always ensure you are downloading the correct driver for your specific operating system version.
Canon Pixma TR4500 how to scan
To scan a document or photo using the Canon Pixma TR4500, follow these steps:
- Turn on the printer and make sure it is connected to your computer via USB or Wi-Fi.
- Open the scanner lid and place your document or photo face-down on the scanner glass. Align it with the arrow marks at the corner of the scanner bed. If you want to use the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF), place your documents face-up and top edge first into the ADF.
- Close the scanner lid gently.
- On your computer, open the Canon IJ Scan Utility software, which should have been installed along with the printer driver. If you don't have it installed, download it from the Canon support website and install it.
- In the Canon IJ Scan Utility, choose your scanner (Pixma TR4500) from the "Product Name" dropdown menu if it's not selected by default.
- Select the type of scan you want to perform, such as "Auto," "Document," or "Photo."
- Adjust any necessary settings like resolution, color mode, or file format, if desired.
- Click the "Scan" button to start the scanning process.
- The scanner will start scanning the document or photo, and once the process is complete, the scanned image will be saved in the specified folder on your computer. You can find the scanned image by clicking the "Open" button next to the "Folder" field in the Canon IJ Scan Utility.
- You can now view, edit, or share the scanned image as needed.
Remember that the exact steps and options in the Canon IJ Scan Utility software may vary slightly based on your software version or operating system. The instructions provided above should cover the general process of scanning with the Canon Pixma TR4500 printer.
Canon Pixma TR4500 wifi setup
To set up the Canon Pixma TR4500 printer with Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- Turn on the printer.
- Press and hold the "Wireless Connect" button (a wireless icon with a signal symbol) on the printer for about 3 seconds. The wireless indicator on the printer will start flashing blue.
- On your computer or smartphone, go to the official Canon website to download the "Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY" app for iOS or Android, or the appropriate driver for Windows or macOS, if you haven't installed it yet.
- Install the app or driver on your device and open it.
- For the app: Follow the on-screen instructions to add a new printer. When prompted, choose "Set up (model name) via wireless LAN." The app will guide you through the Wi-Fi setup process.
- For Windows or macOS driver: Run the downloaded driver package and follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted to choose a connection method, select "Wireless LAN Connection," and then click "Next." The setup program will guide you through the Wi-Fi setup process.
- When the setup program or app prompts you to select a printer, choose the Canon Pixma TR4500 series from the list of available printers. If the printer is not automatically found, you may need to manually enter the printer's SSID (network name).
- You will be prompted to enter your Wi-Fi network's password (WEP key or WPA passphrase). Enter the password and click "Next" or "Connect."
- The printer will connect to your Wi-Fi network. Once the connection is established, the wireless indicator on the printer will stop flashing and remain lit.
- Complete the remaining setup steps, such as registering the printer and installing any additional software or drivers as prompted.
Your Canon Pixma TR4500 printer should now be connected to your Wi-Fi network, allowing you to print wirelessly from your devices.
You may like
Canon Pixma TR4720 wireless printer driver
Canon Pixma TR4500 ink cartridges
The Canon Pixma TR4500 printer uses two ink cartridges: one black and one color. The specific cartridge models compatible with this printer are:
- PG-245 or PG-245XL (Black): The PG-245 is a standard capacity black ink cartridge, while the PG-245XL is a high capacity version that contains more ink and allows you to print more pages before needing replacement.
- CL-246 or CL-246XL (Color): The CL-246 is a standard capacity color ink cartridge, which includes Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow inks. The CL-246XL is a high capacity version that contains more ink and lasts longer before needing replacement.
The XL versions of the cartridges will provide a higher page yield, but they may be more expensive. When choosing ink cartridges, consider your printing needs and preferences in terms of cost and page yield.
To replace the ink cartridges, follow these steps:
- Turn on the printer.
- Open the front cover and then the paper output tray.
- Gently open the ink cartridge cover, which is located in the area where the printed pages come out.
- Wait for the ink cartridge holder to move to the replacement position. It will stop in the middle of the printer.
- To remove the old ink cartridge, gently press down on the cartridge, and it will release from the holder. Carefully pull it out of the printer.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge and remove any protective materials, including the protective tape covering the electrical contacts and ink nozzles.
- Insert the new ink cartridge into the holder, with the electrical contacts facing the printer. Make sure you place the black cartridge in the right holder and the color cartridge in the left holder.
- Gently push the cartridge up until it clicks into place.
- Close the ink cartridge cover, followed by the front cover and the paper output tray.
- The printer will recognize the new ink cartridge and perform a brief cleaning process. Once this is complete, you can continue with your printing tasks.
Always ensure you use genuine Canon ink cartridges or high-quality compatible cartridges to maintain optimal printer performance and print quality.